AK Consultants, formerly Armstrong Agricultural Services has been helping rural Tasmania since 1987. Our small team is committed to providing the highest standard in agricultural and land & water management consulting in Tasmania. Our quality services are recognised by the regulators as providing value for money and have been acknowledged in feedback; “Your well above average consideration of natural values likely saved your clients a good deal of time, energy and money”.
In the last decade there has been a gradual shift in the services the firm provides, consistent with the national trend in the agricultural consulting profession. Initial emphasis was in farm business management and rural land-use management. Whilst this still forms a large proportion of the services which AK Consultants provides there is now a greater environmental component to the services with specific emphasis on environmental planning.
AK Consultants is a family friendly business and encourages flexible working arrangements. Each employee brings unique skills to the firm, and while employees provide expertise in particular fields there is also a high degree of team work and the firm often teams up with other consultancy businesses to be able to contribute to the skill mix required to deliver larger projects.
- We care about our clients, and will at all times act in their best interests. Where there is potential for conflict between competing interests we will discuss the issue with the client, and if appropriate withdraw from the consultancy.
- We care about the environment, and will assess our impacts on the environment and the potential impacts of our consulting advice.
- We care about agriculture in Tasmania, and we aim to protect and enhance the opportunities for profitable and environmentally sustainable agricultural businesses.
- We care about our employees, and aim to provide personally satisfying and financially rewarding employment opportunities by encouraging personal development and recognising good performance. We encourage a work–life balance and we are a family friendly employer.
- We strive to provide fair value to our clients and aim to provide personal serviced tailored to meet the individual needs of the client.
- We adhere to the Code of Ethics of the Australian Institute of Agricultural Science http://www.aginstitute.com.au/data/pdf/AIA_Code_of_Ethics_2012.pdf and The Technology and the Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand http://www.eianz.org/membership-information/code-of-ethics-and-professional-conduct.
To provide quality service on time and at the right price, by skilled people who care.