AK Consultants, formerly Armstrong Agricultural Services, has been helping rural Tasmanian’s since 1987. We are a small team committed to providing the highest standard in agricultural and land & water management consulting in Tasmania. Our quality services are recognised by regulators as providing value for money and have been acknowledged in feedback; “Your well above average consideration of natural values likely saved your clients a good deal of time, energy, and money”.
In the last decade there has been a gradual shift in the services the firm provides, consistent with the national trend in the agricultural consulting profession. Initial emphasis was in farm business management and rural land-use management. Whilst this still forms a large proportion of the services which AK Consultants provide, there is now a greater environmental component to the services with specific emphasis on environmental planning.
AK Consultants is a family friendly business and encourages flexible working arrangements. We currently have six employees, with each employee bringing a unique set of skills to the firm. While each employee provides expertise in particular fields, we also often team up with other consultancy businesses to provide the skill mix required to deliver larger projects.
- Farming Businesses – help farmers to grow and operate environmentally sustainable and financially rewarding farming businesses.
- Rural landholders – help landholders to meet Local Government regulatory requirements in relation to development proposals, and State requirements in relation to dams and water licencing.
- Government agencies and corporations – help organisations in their interactions with farmers and rural landholders.
We provide assessment and planning services and advice in relation to land use planning, water resources, environment/natural values, bushfire hazard management, and more.
Our Commitment and values
- We care about our clients and will at all times act in their best interests. Where there is potential for conflict between competing interests, we will discuss the issue with the client, and if appropriate withdraw from the consultancy.
- We care about the environment and will assess our impacts and the potential impacts of our consulting advice on the environment.
- We care about agriculture in Tasmania, and we aim to protect and enhance the opportunities for profitable and environmentally sustainable agricultural businesses.
- We care about our employees and aim to provide personally satisfying and financially rewarding employment opportunities by encouraging personal development and recognising good performance. We encourage a work–life balance and we are a family friendly employer.
- We strive to provide fair value to our clients and aim to provide personal service tailored to meet the individual needs of the client.
We adhere to the Code of Ethics of the Ag Institute of Australia http://www.aginstitute.com.au/data/AIA_Policies/Updated_Code_of_Ethics.pdf and the Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand http://www.eianz.org/membership-information/code-of-ethics-and-professional-conduct.
To provide quality service on time and at the right price, by skilled people who care.